Aspire Attestation specialises in UK FCDO apostille services and document legalisation. We assist our clients by facilitating their documents to be used abroad. Embassy legalisation can be a challenging process, so we are here to save you time and effort.
Aspire can assist with obtaining your PCC. If you require a PCC from the UAE for work purposes, we can assist you with obtaining one. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This process may seem complicated, but it can be completed easily and simply online. The UAE authorities have made a number of services available in order for residents/former residents to apply. Below you will find a step-by-step guide to apply for a PC/GC certificate in the UAE:
So what is a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)?
It is proof of your good conduct in the country you are applying from. It is available for applicants who are currently residing in the UAE, and also for those who are no longer residing in the UAE. It is also known as a Good Conduct Certificate. It provides information of the person’s criminal record and/or statement of no previous criminal precedents in which he/she resides in.
What is the purpose of a PCC?
The certificate issued upon the beneficiary’s request is to be submitted to official bodies for several purposes, this could include employment, study, immigration, obtaining licences and others. The certificate can only be issued in either Arabic or English.
So how do I apply?
- You can apply for the certificate online through the Ministry of Interior’s website here: www.moi.gov.ae/en
- You can also visit one of the Ministry of Interior’s service centres. Once you have provided all the relevant documents (list found below) they will issue you with the certificate
- If you are based in Dubai, the service is available through the Dubai Police website here: www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
- You can also visit one of the offices of Dubai Police to obtain your certificate
- Alternatively, you can download either the MOI UAE or Dubai Police app, via the Apple store or Google Play and apply through your mobile phone.
What documents do I need when applying in the UAE?
- A valid emirates ID card
- A letter from the beneficiary stating that he/she does not have any pending convictions
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
What if I’m a former UAE resident, can I still apply?
If you are no longer a resident of the UAE, you will need to obtain a fingerprint report card from the country you are residing in. A fingerprint report card is an official report from the police department concerned, which verifies the identity of a person based on his/hers biometrics and decimal fingerprint. At Aspire we can assist you with getting your fingerprints report attested by the UAE embassy in the UK.
Once you have this, you will need to have it attested by the UAE embassy in that country. You can then send your request for PCC online through the Ministry of Interior portal at: https://portal.moi.gov.ae or through the Dubai Police website: www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
You will need to send it along with the following documents:
- Fingerprint report card approved by the UAE embassy
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
- A copy of your valid passport
- A copy of your last UAE visa
- The reason for application
What are the fees?
The fees differ according to the following reasons:
- Language it is issued in
- The applicant’s nationality
- The applicant’s current place of residence
Fees and time of the service are indicated in the service card, and usually ranges from 100 – 300Dh
Terms of the Ministry of Interior on issuing PCCs:
- Applicant must have a valid emirates ID card
- PCC is only issued in Arabic and English languages only
- Fees are non-refundable after applying for the certificate
- The certificate will be issued in accordance with the particulars of the applicant during his stay in the country
- The certificate shall not be considered outside the UAE unless by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs within the country of the centres of the Customer Happiness
- The certificate shall be issued in accordance with the procedures and regulations in the country
- In the event of criminal restrictions within the country, the certificate will not be issued and the fees are non-refundable
- In the event of any judicial dispute, the courts of the United Arab Emirates alone shall be competent to resolve these disputes
If you any questions pertaining to the attestation of Police Clearance certificates, you can email us at email@example.com. Please note, we cannot provide you with information on the status of your Police Clearance Certificate that has been processed elsewhere.